Gloria Victis game.info
Information website for Gloria Victis, created and maintained by the players.
21 registered users
1804 map markers
901 items in database
Latest Game News
A huge update just hit the servers! What does it bring to the game?
1. New player-spawn siege engines to bring epic destruction upon the enemy: trebuchets!
2. You can design your own personal heraldic now, using dozens of new symbols!
3. More open PVP and melee battles thanks to reduced Nightlock restrictions and improved balance!
Check these changes on your own and join the battle now! Also, a huge Steam sale is coming soon. It’s a great opportunity for our Community to get a large influx of new players. Remember that you can earn Contribution Points for helping the new players on chat and helping them levelling their toons.
We have high hopes that our Community will grow in numbers during the Steam sale, especially if we kept the “magic blue ratio” for recent reviews – for a small indie team, such as ours, it would mean a direct boost for the game’s development. Thus we hope you’ll give a hearty welcome to the newcomers!
See you in battle!
Siege Engines & Sieges Balance:
– Reduced the Nightlock restrictions for sieging enemy castles – from now on, the Siege Points generate on all castles during Nightlock, except for the temples (Lord’s Wrath Abbey, Lordly Haven and Hordun Temple), as they are the top-tier locations; thanks to this change, there will be more to do for players during night
– Disabled spawning the static siege engines and decreased damage done with battering rams to gates by 50% during Nightlock to prevent capturing the entire links in very short time when defenders are not logged in at night
– From now on, the fortifications and buildings status is saved at the beginning of Nightlock, so if they would be destroyed or damaged during nightlock, they will respawn to that saved progress after the siege ends
– Removed static catapults from the castles courtyards to reduce spamming the attackers with projectiles
– From now on, Siege Engines Keepers inside castles don’t spawn catapults and battering rams, but a new type of siege engine: trebuchet; its projectile’s trajectory is different than for catapults and it has depletable ammunition which regenerates over time, so this change will reduce the occurence of spamming attackers with projectiles to the point where they can’t get through the gates at all
– Added ballistas on the top floors of the castle keeps – they should be safe from the catapults brought by attackers and should be a relatively good counter to the enemy siege engines, but not really efficient against infantry
– From now on, catapult and trebuchet projectiles don’t hurt enemy player if it hit the player-built fortifications or buildings before
– Reduced the burn damage done to players over time by flaming catapult projectiles – from now on, it applies 20 dmg per second for 5 seconds
– Slightly lowered the area of AOE damage for catapult/trebuchet projectiles
– Damage done with catapult and trebuchet is now more dependent on how strong is the siege engine charged – uncharged shots will be weaker, while the full-charged ones remain the same
– Player-built fortifications, buildings and siege engines are now much less vulnerable to piercing attacks: arrows and stabs (except for ballista’s projectiles)
– Increased the area ranges of siege events to make them cover nearby siege camps too
– Added queues to the Siege Events – if a player can’t join because his nation dominates the event with numbers, he will be added to the queue which will allow joining the event as soon as it’s possible
– From now on, traitors and Greenleaf players are included in the siege event party limit balance safeguard to prevent outnumbering the enemy without increasing the current party limit
– Players joining to the Frontline Battle are now spawned in the closest siege camp on the way to the enemy castle after moving to the event, so it will be more dynamic overall
– Decreased the siege detection area at Rodrock Fort – it used to cover a part of the Keep of the Original Order’s Faith island too
Quality of Life:
– Optimization improvement to fix a framerate spike which occurred after staying idle for some time
– Optimized the siege engines models – at the same, they are now visible from much larger distance
– Added the player’s personal Herdalic – it can be set in the Inventory window
– Expanded the library of available Heraldic symbols
– Improved driving the siege engines on bridges and other flat models – this change should also fix the problem with siege engines falling down through the terrain/models
– Improvements to the Siege Events interface
– Improvements to the siege engines spawning interface
– Updated the player’s equipment in the Inventory and Looting windows, removing unused slots
– Updated and standardized the money icons in the Inventory, Depot and Trade windows
– Other minor improvements to the Inventory and Looting windows
– Quest markers displayed in the game over quest objects and NPCs should now be visible even if they are not visible (i.e. NPC standing behind a wall)
– Improvements to world events: Brandon, Ragi and Sirius – among other changes, their minimal level has been set to 60 to allow gathering required groups easier and give more content to do in the mid-game stage
– Added Guild Recrutiment’s Board tutorial which displays for character above level 10 when passing by the recruitment board’s model in the game
– Added one-time rewards for committing the player’s feedback using the in-game tool
– Updated the Sangmarian shields – tiers 1-4 – replacing their placeholder models with new new dedicated ones, because they were the only nation that didn’t have a complete set of dedicated shields
– Updated the Rodrock Fort’s outer courtyard to allow driving the siege engines to the Western gate and fix the spots allowing players to hide above the ground
– Numerous level design improvements to improve driving the siege engines into the castles
– Added the Exiled Legion’s Loot to the pool of rewards in the dev-hosted PVP events
– Added 2 new skins for top-tier light and heavy shields: Count’s Shield skin for Deserter’s Shield, Clan Shield and Scout’s Shield, and 5th Legion’s Shield skin for Karleonian Shield, Black Guard’s Shield and Praetorian’s Shield
– Introduced additional heraldic symbols which can be purchased in Supporter Shop, also expanded the library of free heraldic symbols
– Fixed an issue allowing to jump up the vertical walls
– Fixed the Craftsman Weekly Ranking
– Fixed the Orm’s dialog which was bugging the Troubles at L’Obart’s Farm questline
– Fixed an issue causing that low level players could destroy tents in the Fall of the Exile world event without counting the event’s progress
– Fixed displaying tents names on their labels
– Fixed displaying the player’s current title in the Glory window
– Other improvements to the Rankings window
– Fixed an issue causing snapping a character when moving close to the corners of upgradable towers
– Fixed an edge-case issue causing that after the server’s restart, tokens wouldn’t display on the map and the State of War would start from the Final Battle stage
– Fixed the models length of the longsword skins
– Fixed an issue preventing players from destroying gates and other interactive objects if they didn’t have an active quest, i.e. when a player tried to return to a further stage of a quest but was blocked by a gate
– Fixed displaying the experience for daily activity for players above 90 level
– All Capitals are done
– Now working on the rest of the map